Are you tired of digging through a cluttered desk to find what you need? Well, managing your WordPress website can feel the same way if you don’t have the right tools.
That’s where adding and customizing admin columns in WordPress comes in. Think of it as decluttering and organizing your virtual workspace, making it easier for you to find and manage your content.
With Admin Columns, you can effortlessly arrange and personalize the columns in your WordPress admin panel, giving you a clear and streamlined overview of your website. Plus, with additional features like sorting, filtering, and direct editing, you’ll be able to supercharge your productivity.
So, let’s get started and learn how to add and customize admin columns in WordPress!
Accessing the Site Stats Page
To access the Site Stats page in WordPress, simply navigate to the ‘Stats’ tab within the WordPress admin panel. From there, you’ll be able to view a comprehensive overview of your website’s performance and statistics.
The Site Stats page provides valuable insights into various aspects of your website, such as the number of visitors, page views, referrers, and popular content. It also allows you to track trends over time and compare data between different periods.
Additionally, you can customize the columns displayed on the Site Stats page to focus on specific metrics that are most relevant to your website. By adding custom columns to the Site Stats page, you can gain a more detailed and tailored view of your website’s analytics, allowing for better decision-making and optimization of your online presence.
Clicking on Totals, Followers & Shares
Click on the column headers for totals, followers, and shares to quickly sort and filter relevant content. With the Admin Columns plugin, you can easily organize and manage your content based on the total number of followers or shares.
Here’s how it works:
- Sorting: Clicking on the column headers for totals, followers, or shares will sort your content in ascending or descending order based on the values in those columns. This allows you to quickly identify the most popular or least popular content.
- Filtering: You can also filter your content based on specific values in the totals, followers, or shares columns. Simply click on the ‘Filter’ option and enter the desired value. This will display only the content that meets the specified criteria.
- Customization: With Admin Columns Pro, you have the option to add custom columns for totals, followers, and shares. This means you can display additional information or data from post meta or Advanced Custom Fields. You can also customize the names and behavior of these columns to suit your specific needs.
Opening the My Followers Page
To access the My Followers page, you’ll need to navigate to the appropriate section within the WordPress admin panel.
The My Followers page is a new feature introduced in the Admin Columns plugin that allows you to view and manage the followers of your website. This page is specifically designed for custom post types and provides a comprehensive overview of your followers’ information.
Adding custom columns to the My Followers page is a breeze with Admin Columns. Simply go to the settings of your custom post type and select the columns you want to display. Admin Columns offers a wide range of options for customizing the column names and behavior on the My Followers page.
Additionally, the integration with Advanced Custom Fields allows you to display custom fields on this page.
With Admin Columns Pro, you can take your customization to the next level by enabling advanced features like sorting, filtering, and editing columns on the My Followers page.
Clicking on the Blog Link
When you click on the Blog link in the admin panel, it will redirect you to the post listing screen. This screen is where you can manage and organize your blog posts.
By adding and customizing admin columns in WordPress, you can enhance the post listing screen to display additional information that’s important to you.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to add and customize admin columns for your blog:
- Access the post listing screen by clicking on the Blog link in the admin panel.
- Use the provided code snippets or the Admin Columns Pro plugin to add custom columns to the post listing screen.
- Customize the columns by selecting the desired information to be displayed, such as post categories, author names, or publication dates.
Accessing Email Followers
To access your email followers, simply navigate to the admin panel and locate the appropriate section within the admin columns.
With the Admin Columns plugin, you have the ability to add custom columns that display specific information about your email followers.
To do this, go to the ‘Columns’ menu in the admin panel and select the type of content you want to add the custom column to.
For example, if you want to add a custom column to the ‘Posts’ section, click on ‘Posts’ in the admin panel. Then, click on the ‘Columns’ tab and select the ‘Add New Column’ button.
From there, you can choose the type of column you want to show, such as the email address or the number of followers. Once you’ve selected the column type, you can further customize it by choosing the hierarchical post type and other relevant options.
Installing the Jetpack Plugin (For Self-Hosted WordPress.Org Sites)
To install the Jetpack Plugin on your self-hosted WordPress.org site, follow these steps:
- Go to the admin area of your WordPress site and click on ‘Plugins’ in the sidebar.
- Click on ‘Add New’ at the top of the page.
- In the search bar, type in ‘Jetpack’ and press enter.
- Look for the Jetpack Plugin by Automattic and click on the ‘Install Now’ button.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the ‘Activate’ button to activate the plugin.
The Jetpack Plugin offers a variety of features and tools, including customization options for admin columns. With the plugin installed, you can easily add and customize columns in your WordPress post list, such as a price column or a date column. This allows you to have a more organized and informative view of your content in the admin area.
Migrating Subscribers With Jetpack Plugin
To migrate subscribers using the Jetpack Plugin, simply follow these steps:
- Install and activate the Jetpack Plugin on both the old and new WordPress websites.
- Connect both sites to the same WordPress.com account.
- On the old site, go to the Jetpack settings and enable the Subscriptions module. This will ensure that all subscribers are synced with WordPress.com.
- On the new site, go to the Jetpack settings and enable the Subscriptions module as well.
- Finally, click on the ‘Migrate Subscribers’ button, and the Jetpack Plugin will transfer all subscriber data from the old site to the new site.
After the migration is complete, subscribers will receive updates from the new site.
With these simple steps, you can seamlessly migrate subscribers using the Jetpack Plugin.
Exploring Other Options for Tracking Followers
Explore different methods for tracking followers using the Admin Columns plugin in WordPress.
- Custom Columns: With the Admin Columns plugin, you can create custom columns to display additional information related to your followers. This can include custom fields or metadata that you want to track and organize.
- Integration Add-Ons: The Admin Columns plugin offers integration add-ons for popular plugins like WooCommerce and Yoast SEO. By integrating these plugins with Admin Columns, you can enhance your tracking capabilities and gain access to more advanced features.
- Third-Party Plugin Integration: In addition to WooCommerce and Yoast SEO, the Admin Columns plugin also integrates with other third-party plugins like Toolset Types. This allows you to track followers and their related data in a more comprehensive and efficient manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Add a Custom Field to My WordPress Admin Page?
To add a custom field to your WordPress admin page, you can use WordPress hooks and place the code in your theme’s functions.php file. Hooks and callback functions allow you to add, remove, and reorder columns on the admin page.
Can I Customize WordPress Admin Panel?
Yes, you can customize the WordPress admin panel. With Admin Columns, you have the ability to manage and organize columns in various lists within the admin panel, providing a more organized and clear overview of content.
How Do I Manage User Columns in WordPress?
To manage user columns in WordPress, go to the Users section in the admin panel. Click on the Screen Options tab, check the desired columns, and they will appear in the user list.
How Do I Add a Column Layout in WordPress?
To add a column layout in WordPress, go to the admin panel and install the Admin Columns plugin. With this plugin, you can easily manage and customize columns in various lists like posts, users, comments, and media.
In conclusion, adding and customizing admin columns in WordPress with Admin Columns is a powerful tool that greatly enhances website management.
With features like sorting, filtering, direct editing, and exporting content, it offers improved efficiency and user experience.
The seamless integration with popular third-party plugins further expands customization options.
Whether you run a simple blog or a complex enterprise website, Admin Columns is an essential tool for your WordPress installation.
Take advantage of its capabilities and optimize your WordPress admin panel today.